April 18, 2009

breath

As I am in the midst of making THE BIG FINAL CHART, I wrote down "make thank-you book" and immediately was hit in a big way by how grateful and thankful I am for all the amazing people that have guided me, talked to me, fed me, advocated for me, joined in with me, and been in my life this year.

I wish I could make a thank you book that included everyone that has ever made a difference in my life, going all the way back to Jo from third grade who taught me to crochet, or every distant family member, or the people in my first hampshire class, or the online-teacher who doesn't even remember me probably who showed me that collaborative art exists or all the groups of people I've become a part of around any project I've done in the past four years.... but it would take too long and mom wouldn't let me do that and I'd leave someone out anyways.

But, please know, honestly and deeply, I am so thankful to you. Thank you. You. Really.

4 comments:

will bangs said...

aw!!! Aliya! you are the best.

Anonymous said...

You know what I'm thankful for? SLOW LORISES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdQ3UhLoD4

And you, of course...

Lisa M. Dalton said...

I will have to come back to read more about your projects, but it's cool to hear you have a great group of people in your world. cheers.

Serena Himmelfarb said...

It's a pleasure to work with you... I should thank you for getting to make all these cute things!